At PETRA General Contractors, we pride ourselves on living our Core Values of Teamwork, Integrity, Excellence, and Safety while strategically adding team members with the same ideals and ethics.
PETRA, Inc. is a recognized leader in Pre-Construction, Construction Management, Design-Build, and Concrete Services. We have 29 years of industry experience and comprehensive market knowledge. We offer our construction expertise in the Northwest and Rocky Mountain regions.
We are searching for a highly-skilled, motivated Project Superintendent to contribute to Petra’s growth and assist in maintaining our position as an innovative authority in the construction industry. The ideal TEAM member will have experience in ground-up commercial construction. This TEAM member will be expected to provide on-site administrative and technical management and will ensure that projects are completed on time and with the highest quality.
Objectives for this Role:
· Supervise construction efforts to ensure the project is constructed in accordance with design, budget, and schedule. Includes interfacing with client representatives, suppliers, other contractors, etc.
· Plan, coordinate and supervise onsite functions (scheduling, engineering, material control, and may provide day-to-day direction of onsite team members)
· Supervise craft employees and/or other contractors as required by contract
· Provide technical assistance i.e. interpretation of drawings, recommending construction methods and equipment, etc., as required
· Ensure all onsite personnel complies with project procedures, safety program requirements, work rules, etc.
· Provide project documentation including daily reports and pictures, safety-related items, and subcontractor-related items
· Assist Project Management in developing and implementing project procedures, working documents, standards, etc.
Skills and Qualifications
· 2+ years project superintendent experience
· Thorough knowledge of all aspects of construction (technology, safety, equipment methods)
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Strong knowledge of construction-related software and Microsoft Suite
· OSHA 30 Certification
· Previous success in producing deliverables as scheduled
· Strong attention to deadlines and budgetary guidelines
· Experience collaborating on in-house platforms for internal processes
· Experience coaching and educating to strengthen team members’ capabilities and skill sets