At Petra, we are passionate about building people so that they can become the very best version of themselves. With offices in Washington, Idaho, and Colorado, and clients throughout the western United States, we offer preconstruction services, construction management, general contracting, and design-build solutions across a broad spectrum of commercial markets.
This position is responsible for the overall leadership, management and direction of projects and assigned project teams from conception to completion within time and budget allowances. Maintain client relationships, while helping marketing develop new business opportunities.
The Senior Project Manager has the authority to run the project(s) on a day-to-day basis working directly with the Director of Construction. Verify that the project(s) produces the required deliverables of quality, within the specified time and cost restraints while enforcing our culture of Safety. This position reports directly to the Director of Construction.
- Provide leadership to Project Teams on objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards within boundaries of corporate policies and systems.
- Oversee and execute timely owner/subcontractor contracts with accuracy, be thorough and follow to completion with protected interest of PETRA.
- Act as liaison with prime client and A/E contacts to facilitate construction activities and ensure the client needs are being met.
- Manage the financial aspects of all contracts to protect the company’s interest while simultaneously maintaining good relationship with the client.
- Manage the client’s overall expectations including time, budget, quality and means of communication while exceeding the customers expectations throughout the project to allow for return business while effectively communicating with the entire team.
- Establish the client’s, architect’s, and PETRA’s roles/responsibilities from the beginning of the project and communicate these to the team.
- Forecast and report potential project problems to the Director of Construction in a timely and clearly communicated manner.
- Monitor/control construction through administrative direction of on-site supervision to ensure project is built on schedule and within budget. Investigate potentially serious situations and implement corrective measures.
- Manage all financial aspects of project (fee payment, equipment rental, etc.). Ensure all paperwork is accurate and timely.
- Ensure accurate estimating of project from the onset to ensure profitability.
- Monitor and manage all change orders.
- Forecast accurate project profits on a monthly basis.
- Represent PETRA in project meetings and assist in labor negotiations/strategy meetings, etc.
- Facilitate and troubleshoot problems associated with coordinating and developing the construction projects.
- Manage project issues, submittals, RFIs and changes to ensure no impact to the construction progress.
- Clear communication to the owner of schedule impacts as early as possible.
Manage Construction Team
- Plan, organize, and execute with key team members to ensure the projects success.
- Monitor and manage the project team members.
- Ensure all billings, accounts receivables, and payables documentation are turned into accounting on a timely basis.
- Provide clear and timely communication to the project team, ensuring that everyone has the same clear communication and expectations.
- Ask the appropriate questions to team members to ensure that the project objectives are not being missed.
- Performs additional duties as requested by the immediate supervisor.
- This position requires periodic travel to project sites.
- Five (5) years’ successful experience in Project Management in a construction setting
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Clear understanding of company mission and values.
- Working experience in project management software (Procore preferred), Microsoft Suite required, including Microsoft Project for scheduling, Revit building models, and Bluebeam.
- Solid understanding of estimating tools & approaches to managing complex, multi-disciplinary projects, and the flexibility to lead diverse and dynamic teams.
- Must be able to apply innovative and effective management techniques to maximize employee performance with thorough understanding of corporate and industry practices, processes, standards, etc. and their impact on project activities is important.
- Must have strong problem solving, negotiating, and interpersonal skills.
- Must be organized, reliable, punctual, and be able to work in a team-oriented atmosphere while maintaining confidentiality.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Degree in construction management or equivalent work experience necessary