At Petra, we are passionate about building people so that they can become the very best version of themselves. With offices in Washington, Idaho, and Colorado, and clients throughout the western United States, we offer preconstruction services, construction management, general contracting, and design-build solutions across a broad spectrum of commercial markets.
This position is responsible for assisting in supervising trade partners assigned to a particular construction discipline or work area, i.e. electrical, piping, erection of structural steel, rebar, duct work, etc.
The Assistant Superintendent is generally expected to complete work assignments under supervision, exercising latitude in determining objectives of assignment; schedules and arranges own activities and others in accomplishing objectives. Entry-level supervision position. Reports directly to the Director or Senior Superintendent.
- Be a leader and a positive role model – an ambassador to the community by living Petra’s Culture and Petra’s Core Values. Further the advancement of our vision and mission statements.
- Supervises craft workers assigned to area of responsibility, provide liaison between field engineering and trades to ensure construction complies with drawings, specifications, and approved shop drawings/submittals.
- Assist in planning work schedule, determining manpower levels, material quantities, equipment requirements, etc.
- Monitor work performance and productivity of crafts to ensure project rules, procedures, safety requirements, etc. are maintained.
- Advise senior level superintendents and/or project management of potential problems, work interference, schedule difficulties, etc.; assist in circumventing/resolving such problems as required.
- Communicate with other departments, i.e., Operations, Carpentry Team, etc. as required to support construction schedule.
- Assist in monitoring and implementing project procedures, safety program requirements, and work rules etc.
- Minimum of two years construction management and/or craft supervision experience in similar facility construction.
- Thorough knowledge of all aspects of construction (technology, equipment, methods); craft agreements, jurisdiction, negotiations; engineering, cost control schedules and safety required.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Excellent communication, organizational and supervisory skills essential.
- Health & Wellness (Medical / Dental / Vision / Employee Assistance Plan)
- Financial (401(k) Plan with Company Match
- Flex Spending Account / Health Savings Account
- Employee Referral Program
- Paid Time Off (Holidays / Vacation / Illness)
- Growth & Development (Career Path / Training and Certification)