At Petra, we are passionate about building people so that they can become the very best version of themselves. With offices in Washington, Idaho, and Colorado, and clients throughout the western United States, we offer preconstruction services, construction management, general contracting, and design-build solutions across a broad spectrum of commercial markets.
This position is responsible for project support and management assistance by verifying project component conformance with the contract documents and completion of technical tasks to move construction projects to completion.
The Project Engineer is expected to complete work assignments under supervision of the Project Manager.
- Prepare, coordinate, and monitor assigned projects responsibilities.
- Support office and field team members to assist in completion of their responsibilities.
- Interact with clients by attending OAC meetings and recording meeting minutes
- Cooperate and communicate with the Project Team to create and implement efficient document management and methods.
- Track, manage, and initiate necessary RFI’s and submittals.
- Track, manage, and initiate change orders and potential change orders under the oversight of the Project Manager.
- Assist in scheduling and coordination of field team meetings under oversight of the Project Superintendent and Project Manager.
- Effectively manage plan sets, including changes and updates throughout the life cycle of the project.
- Ensure the project’s compliance with the applicable codes, practices, policies, performance standards, plans, and specifications.
- Advance project close out documentation for each assigned project.
- Perform additional duties as requested by immediate supervisor.
- A bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Construction Management, or a minimum of two (2) years of related industry experience.
- Working experience in Microsoft Office Suite required, including Microsoft Project for scheduling.
- Experience using project management software (Procore is preferred).
- Must have strong problem solving, negotiating, and interpersonal skills.
- Health & Wellness (Medical / Dental / Vision / Employee Assistance Plan)
- Financial (401(k) Plan with Company Match
- Flex Spending Account / Health Savings Account
- Employee Referral Program
- Paid Time Off (Holidays / Vacation / Illness)
- Growth & Development (Career Path / Training and Certification)