At Petra General Contractors, we pride ourselves on living our Core Values of Teamwork, Integrity, Excellence, and Safety while strategically adding team members with the same ideals and ethics.
Petra, Inc. is a recognized leader in Pre-construction, Construction Management, Design-Build, and Concrete Services. We have over 29 years of industry experience and comprehensive market knowledge. We offer our construction expertise in the Northwest and Rocky Mountain regions.
The Estimating Coordinator provides administrative support to the Small Projects Division (SPD) and reports directly to, and collaborates closely with, the SPD Senior Project Manager. They also have regular interactions with other Estimators. On assigned projects, they take direction from the lead Estimator. They also have regular interactions with Project Managers, Assistant Project Managers, Project Engineers, and Accounting Specialists.
- Maintain and update the estimating schedules.
- Schedule and manage attendance of Estimating TEAM and project-specific meetings, create agendas, and distribute meeting minutes.
- Maintain Estimating TEAM files and information on Petra’s server.
- Manage and update the bidder directories.
- Complete bid bond and builders risk insurance policy request forms.
- Complete trade partner prequalification request forms.
- Attend pre-bid project walks, and take and distribute notes to the Estimating TEAM.
- Assist the Estimating TEAM with making bid coverage phone calls and emails.
- Assist Estimators in performing quantity take-offs of materials.
- Assist the project Bid Captain in posting estimating projects to online plan rooms.
- Assist the project Bid Captain in distributing updated project information.
- Compile bid books following the completion of the bid process.
- Assist Estimators in conveying feedback to bidders.
- Assist in drafting pre-bid requests for information.
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience performing estimation or similar project administration duties is required, ideally for a general contractor.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; associate or bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Experience performing accurate, high-volume data entry, clerical, and general administrative duties is required.
- Experience with Procore or a similar project management system is preferred.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite of programs.
- Experience with Bluebeam or other PDF-editing software is preferred.