Provide overall administrative and technical management for all Project Superintendents. Oversees and coordinates Superintendent training programs. Assists with development and accountability for policies, processes, and procedures. Some travel required.
The incumbent is generally expected to complete work assignments under limited supervision, exercising latitude in determining objectives of assignment; schedules and arranges own activities and others in accomplishing objectives. Reports directly to the Director (or General Superintendent).
OVERSIGHT OF TEAMS
- Be an ambassador to the community by living PETRA’s Culture and Petra’s Core Values. Further the advancement of PETRA Vision and Mission Statements.
- Contribute to recruitment and selection of qualified job candidates, including thorough orientation and training of new staff.
- Organize and conduct leadership coaching of direct reports. Work with Organizational Development to research and schedule any necessary supervisory training.
- Ensure proper and adequate scheduling of staff and equipment to ensure that project schedules are met and maintained.
- Responsible for handling personnel performance issues and disciplinary action up to and including recommendations for dismissal.
FIELD PROJECT MANAGEMENT
- Work with all superintendents to ensure that regular safety meetings are being conducted. Assist in the development and implementation of safety programs when necessary.
- Provide interpretation of company policies and procedures, ensuring that all policies are adhered to at all times.
- Serve as the senior technical advisor to project superintendents to assist with problem solving and technical expertise.
- Act as liaison between administrative offices and field personnel, providing communication and information between the two entities on a regular, timely basis.
- Oversee all project schedules for timeliness and the highest quality standards.
- Assist in monitoring costs so that projects do not experience cost overruns.
- Work directly with vendors and subcontractors to develop and maintain appropriate and professional business relationships.
- Monitor materials and best practices in order to ensure our clients receive the highest quality materials available.
- Review new products and vendors for possible addition to PETRA product offerings.
- Provide regular reports to the leadership team on project updates, including any cost overruns, scheduling problems, etc.
- Work with each department to increase communication between field staff and the office staff.
- Coordinate Superintendent standard policies and procedures for all locations.
- Ten (10) years working experience in a supervisory position in the commercial construction industry.
- Thorough knowledge of all aspects of construction including but not limited to craft agreements, jurisdiction, negotiations, engineering, cost control schedules, and safety required.
- Must be competent using technology including but not limited to, project management software (Procore preferred), Bluebeam, MS Project, and MS Office Suite.
- Must have excellent communication, organizational, planning, and supervisory skills.
- Clear understanding of company mission and values.
- Some knowledge of OSHA 1926 Construction, 1910 General Industry Standards, WISHA and LNI, and OROSHA.
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to work independently and as part of a TEAM.
- Demonstrated time management skills with the ability to prioritize tasks and responsibilities.
- Ability to take appropriate action with firmness and tact.
- Sense of responsibility, accountability, and ownership of duties.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is preferred but not required.