At Petra, we are passionate about building people so that they can become the very best version of themselves. With offices in Washington, Idaho, and Colorado, and clients throughout the western United States, we offer preconstruction services, construction management, general contracting, and design-build solutions across a broad spectrum of commercial markets.
This position is responsible for the overall management and direction for assigned field projects from conception to completion within time and budget allowances, maintain client relationships, while helping marketing develop new business opportunities.
The Project Manager is expected to complete work assignments under limited supervision, exercising latitude in determining objectives of assignments; schedules and arranges activities of project team to accomplish objectives within budget and within established time limits. This position reports directly to the Director of Construction.
- Manage project objectives, policies, procedures, and performance standards within corporate policies and systems.
- Execute timely owner/subcontractor contracts and follow to completion with protected interest of PETRA.
- Act as liaison with client and A/E contacts to facilitate construction activities and ensure client needs are met.
- Manage financial aspects of all contracts to protect company interest while maintaining client relationship.
- Manage client expectations including time, budget, quality and means of communication while exceeding customer expectations throughout the project to allow for return business.
- Establish client, architect, and PETRA Team roles/responsibilities throughout term of project and communicate these to the team.
- Provide clear and timely communication to the project team, ensuring that everyone has the same clear communication and expectations.
- Forecast and clearly communicate potential project issues to the Director of Construction in a timely manner.
- Monitor/control construction through administrative direction of on-site supervision to ensure project is built on schedule and within budget.
- Investigate potentially serious situations and implement corrective measures.
- Manage financial aspects of projects (fee payment, equipment rental, etc.) and submit accurate and timely documentation.
- Ensure accurate estimating of project to ensure profitability.
- Monitor and manage all change orders, submittals, and RFIs to ensure no impact to project progress.
- Forecast accurate project profits on a monthly basis.
- Represent PETRA in project meetings and assist in labor negotiations/strategy meetings, etc.
- Plan, organize, and execute with key team members to ensure the project’s success.
- Monitor and manage the project team members.
- Ensure all billings, accounts receivables, and payables documentation are turned into accounting on a timely basis.
- Ask the appropriate questions to team members to ensure that the project objectives are not being missed.
- Oversight of Daily Reports by Superintendents.
- Facilitate and submit weekly and monthly reporting including WIP and Procurement Status reports.
- Monthly CPM update.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience working in project management in construction.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Clear understanding of company mission and values.
- Must be able to apply innovative, effective management techniques to maximize employee performance with thorough understanding of corporate and industry practices, processes, standards, and their impact on project activities.
- Must have strong problem solving, negotiating, and interpersonal skills.
- Must be organized, reliable, punctual, and be able to work in a team-oriented atmosphere while maintaining confidentiality.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.