At Petra, we are passionate about building people so that they can become the very best version of themselves. With offices in Washington, Idaho, and Colorado, and clients throughout the western United States, we offer preconstruction services, construction management, general contracting, and design-build solutions across a broad spectrum of commercial markets.
This position is responsible for project support and management assistance by verifying project component conformance with the Contract Documents and completion of technical tasks to move construction projects to completion.
The Project Engineer is expected to complete work assignments under supervision of the Project Manager.
- Prepare, coordinate, and monitor assigned projects responsibilities.
- Support office and field TEAM members to assist in completion of their responsibilities.
- Interact with clients by attending OAC meetings and recording meeting minutes.
- Cooperate and communicate with Project Teams to create and implement efficient document management and methods.
- Track, manage and initiate necessary RFI’s and submittals.
- Track, manage, and initiate change orders and potential change orders under oversight of Project Manager.
- Assist in scheduling and coordination of field team meetings under oversight of Superintendent and Project Manager.
- Effectively manage plan sets, including changes and updates throughout the life cycle of the project.
- Ensure project compliance with the applicable codes, practices, policies, performance standards, plans and specifications.
- Advance project close out documentation for each assigned project.
- Perform additional duties as requested by immediate supervisor.
Experience & Aptitudes:
- Minimum two (2) years’ successful working experience in construction or related industry.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Clear understanding of company mission and values.
- Must have strong problem solving, negotiating, and interpersonal skills.
- Must be organized, reliable, punctual, and be able to work in a team-oriented atmosphere while maintaining confidentiality.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Team-first attitude.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or construction management, or minimum two (2) years related industry experience.