At Petra, we are passionate about building people so that they can become the very best version of themselves. With offices in Washington, Idaho, and Colorado, and clients throughout the western United States, we offer preconstruction services, construction management, general contracting, and design-build solutions across a broad spectrum of commercial markets.
About the job
At Petra General Contractors, we pride ourselves on living our Core Values of Teamwork, Integrity, Excellence, and Safety while strategically adding team members with the same ideals and ethics.
Petra, Inc. is a recognized leader in Pre-Construction, Construction Management, Design-Build, and Concrete Services. We have over 29 years of industry experience and comprehensive market knowledge. We offer our construction expertise in the Northwest and Rocky Mountain regions.
The Project Compliance Coordinator 1 provides administrative support to the Project TEAM. Their primary contribution is to ensure that trade partners and vendors have accurately completed and returned key contractual documents so that they can begin work on the project. They review trade partners’ certificates of insurance to verify accuracy and required limits. They are key partners of Project Administrators, often taking on delegated responsibilities that allow the Project Administrator to focus on critical project tasks. They also assist both the Project Administrator and Project Engineer in distributing, tracking, and logging trade partners’ documents such as subcontract agreements and purchase orders, requests for pricing, change orders, submittals, and closeout documents. The Project Coordinator 1 can effectively manage 10 to 15 projects at a time or $20 million to $30 million of annual revenue.
- Participate in various project startup meetings.
- Compare project drawings and documents to the contracts to identify discrepancies.
- Assist in utilizing project drawings and documents to create the drawing log.
- Partner with Accounting/Finance to maintain the project directory.
- Participate in regular Project TEAM meetings.
- Provide general administrative support to the Project TEAM.
- Ensure trade partners’ readiness to perform work by requesting, tracking, reviewing, and logging required compliance documents.
- Review certificates of insurance for accuracy and appropriate limits. Maintain a log of all certificates and expiration dates and notify trade partners proactively regarding expirations.
- Assist in setting up trade partners and vendors in the project management system; distributing draft and approved subcontracts and purchase orders to partners; and tracking and logging receipt of executed agreements.
- Follow up with trade partners and vendors to ensure timely return of required documents.
- Review subcontract and purchase order agreements.
- Assist with change orders and other documentation tracking.
- Create trade partner and vendor warranty letter templates.
- Assist with gathering final documentation and compiling it into a final drawing package.
- Assist in creating closeout binders and delivering them to the owner.
- 1+ year of experience performing compliance focused administration duties is required
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Associate degree preferred.
- High volume, accurate data entry, and general administrative duties required.
- Experience with Procore or a similar project management system is preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience with Bluebeam or other PDF-editing software is preferred.
This document is a strictly confidential communication to and solely for the use of the recipient and may not be reproduced or circulated without Petra General Contractors’ prior written consent. If you are not the intended recipient, you may not disclose or use the information in this documentation in any way.
Petra General Contractors is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Petra General Contractors makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time. For more information, please speak to our TEAM Talent or Organizational Development Departments.