At Petra, we are passionate about building people so that they can become the very best version of themselves. With offices in Washington, Idaho, and Colorado, and clients throughout the western United States, we offer preconstruction services, construction management, general contracting, and design-build solutions across a broad spectrum of commercial markets.
Provide overall on-site support to the Senior Superintendent of project site. Collaborates to manage and maintain Petra Safety program. The Superintendent 2 is expected to complete work assignments with no supervision, exercising latitude in determining objectives of assignments; scheduling and arranging his/her own activities and overseeing team members and tradesmen in accomplishing objectives. This position reports directly to the Senior Superintendent.
- Assist with management of project objectives, policies, procedures, and performance standards within corporate. Be a Leader and a positive Role Model: Be an ambassador to the community by living PETRA’s Culture and Petra’s Core Values. Further the advancement of OUR Vision and Mission Statements.
- Supervise construction effort under the oversight of the Senior Superintendent to ensure project is constructed in accordance with design, budget, and schedule. Includes interfacing with client representatives, suppliers, local jurisdictions, other contractors.
- Plan, coordinate and supervise onsite functions (scheduling, inspections, engineering, material control, and may provide day-to-day direction of onsite team members, etc.).
- Supervise craft employees and/or other contractors as required by the contract.
- Responsible for both quality assurance and quality control of all work performed onsite, whether through self-observation/verification, delegation, or managed oversight.
- Provide technical assistance, i.e., drawings interpretation, construction methods and equipment, etc., as required.
- Lead and assist in developing and implementing specific procedures, working documents, standards, and schedules.
- Ensure onsite personnel comply with procedures, safety program requirements, work rules, and other standards. Document violations, notify management, and recommend/implement corrective actions.
- Responsible for Trades productivity, efficient use of materials & equipment, and contractual performance of the project.
- Provide documentation and reporting including pictures for recording of appropriate levels of progress.
- Seven (7) years construction management and/or craft supervision experience in construction.
- Experience as a Superintendent on projects up to $15M.
- OSHA 30 and CPR/First Aid Certified.
- Thorough knowledge required of all aspects of construction including but not limited to craft agreements, jurisdiction, negotiations, engineering, cost control schedules, and safety.
- Competency using technology including but not limited to, project management software (Procore preferred), Bluebeam, MS Project, and MS Office Suite.
- Ability to manage numerous tasks concurrently.
- Excellent communication, organizational and supervisory skills essential.