At Petra, we are passionate about building people so that they can become the very best version of themselves. With offices in Washington, Idaho, and Colorado, and clients throughout the western United States, we offer preconstruction services, construction management, general contracting, and design-build solutions across a broad spectrum of commercial markets.
PETRA, Inc. is a recognized leader in Pre-Construction, Construction Management, Design-Build, and Concrete Services. We have 29 years of industry experience and comprehensive market knowledge. We offer our construction expertise in the Northwest and Rocky Mountain regions. At PETRA General Contractors, we pride ourselves on living our Core Values of Teamwork, Integrity, Excellence, and Safety while strategically adding team members with the same ideals and ethics.
We are looking for an experienced and motivated Project Manager to complete work assignments under limited supervision, exercising latitude in determining objectives of assignments; schedules and arranges activities of project team to accomplish objectives within budget and within established time limits. This position reports directly to the Director of Construction.
- Manage project objectives, policies, procedures, and performance standards within boundaries of corporate policies and systems.
- Execute timely owner/subcontractor contracts with accuracy.
- Act as liaison with prime client and A/E contacts to facilitate construction activities and ensure the client needs are being met.
- Manage the financial aspects of contracts to protect company interest and maintain good relationships with the clients.
- Manage the client’s overall expectations.
- Establish the client’s, architect’s, and PETRA’s roles/responsibilities and communicate these to the team.
- Forecast and report potential project problems.
- Monitor/control construction through administrative direction of on-site supervision to ensure project is built on schedule and within budget. Investigate potentially serious situations and implement corrective measures.
- Manage all financial aspects of project (fee payment, equipment rental, etc.). Ensure all paperwork is accurate and timely.
- Ensure accurate estimating of project from the onset to ensure profitability.
- Monitor and manage all change orders.
- Forecast accurate project profits on a monthly basis.
- Represent PETRA in project meetings and assist in labor negotiations/strategy meetings, etc.
- Facilitate and troubleshoot problems associated with coordinating and developing the construction projects.
- Manage project issues, submittals, RFIs and changes to ensure no impact to the construction progress.
- Clear communication to the owner of schedule impacts as early as possible.
- Monitor and manage the project team members.
- Ensure all billings, accounts receivables, and payables documentation are turned into accounting on a timely basis.
- Provide transparent, timely communication to the project team, clear communication and expectations.
- Ask the appropriate questions to team members to ensure that the project objectives are not being missed.
- Perform additional duties as requested by the immediate supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum five (5) years successful working experience in project management, preferably in commercial construction.
- Degree in construction management or equivalent work experience necessary.
- Working experience in Microsoft Suite required, including Microsoft Project for scheduling.
- Must be able to apply innovative and effective management techniques to maximize employee performance with thorough understanding of corporate and industry practices, processes, standards, etc. and their impact on project activities is important.
- Must have strong problem-solving, negotiating, and interpersonal skills.
- Must be organized, reliable, punctual, and able to work in a team-oriented atmosphere while maintaining confidentiality.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Experience in estimating, or as an engineer or assistant project manager is helpful.
This job posting may not include all assigned duties, responsibilities, or aspects of the job described, and may be amended at any time at the sole discretion of Petra General Contractors.
This document is a strictly confidential communication to and solely for the use of the recipient and may not be reproduced or circulated without Petra General Contractors’ prior written consent. If you are not the intended recipient, you may not disclose or use the information in this documentation in any way.
Petra General Contractors is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Petra General Contractors makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time. For more information, please speak to our TEAM Talent or Organizational Development Departments.